Giving is an integral part of parent involvement and the life and breath of our school community. There are several options for families to demonstrate their financial commitment to our school.
1) Annual Giving – Our amazing team of Annual Giving parent volunteers leads a dynamic, robust Annual Giving fundraising effort from October 1 – January 1 to provide essential operating budget support for Summit View School. Thanks to the personal generosity of the wider Summit View learning community, we strive to meet our financial goal with 100% participation by Summit View families and staff, and contributions from grandparents, adult alumni, alumni parents and friends of Summit View.
Click the Donate Now button to learn all about Annual Giving
The beneficiaries of funds raised through Annual Giving are this year’s students. Gifts to Summit View Annual Giving benefit the campus of the donor. Donations to Annual Giving have an immediate impact on the resources available to Summit View faculty and students. Annual Giving helps pay for day-to-day operating expenses:
- Ability to attract and retain a talented and committed faculty
- Maintaining a low teacher to student ratio
- Faculty salaries and professional development opportunities
- New curriculum initiatives
- Technology maintenance and upgrades
- Outdoor education scholarships
- Library, classrooms, athletics and visual & performing arts supplies
- Maintenance of inviting and safe campus facilities
2) Megan F. Barnett Foundation – Started in honor of the late Megan Barnett, the parent of a Summit View student, contributions to the Foundation support the Megan F. Barnett Resource Center at the Summit View Valley campus. Funds are used to purchase books, tapes, other academic materials, and to support renovations. The Foundation also provides funds for a Parent Education program that includes a lecture series.
3) Athletic Booster Club – Families interested in supporting our interscholastic athletic programs may contribute directly through the Booster Club. These contributions help provide uniforms, equipment, offset transportation costs, and support the annual High School Sports Banquet.
4) Parent Association – The Parent Association holds several fund-raising events throughout the school year. Whether it be purchasing gift-wrap, buying books at the Book Fair, or bidding on silent auction items at the annual Spring Event, the support of parents & family members is key. Funds raised by the Parent Association support a variety of Summit View essentials including the purchase of curriculum materials for classroom use, athletic coaching, and celebrations to mark & reinforce student achievements.