Summit View School provides a college prep curriculum for students with learning differences that produces extraordinary outcomes for our graduates: 98% attend college.
In this challenging economic environment, Summit View is determined to continue to provide students with effective individual pathways to educational success by developing alternative income streams. Central to this new way forward is an enhanced culture of giving by the primary beneficiaries of a Summit View education – we encourage and embrace the personal generosity of parents, grandparents, alumni, parents of alumni, and friends of Summit View to support the work of faculty and students.
Summit View families participate in two major fundraising events each year: Annual Giving in the Fall and the Parent Association Spring Event.
For more information, please contact Keri Borzello, Head of School, Summit View Schools. firstname.lastname@example.org
When is Annual Giving?
Annual Giving Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- We welcome donations year round.
- Pledges must be fulfilled by the end of each academic year.
How much should I give?
- Please give whatever amount is personally generous for your family.
- Every dollar counts. Every gift is appreciated.
Where does Annual Giving money go and who benefits?
- The beneficiaries of funds raised through Annual Giving are this year’s students.
- Gifts benefit the campus of the donor.
- Annual Giving helps pay for day-to-day operating expenses:
- Ability to attract and retain a talented and committed faculty
- Professional development opportunities
- Providing the most current teacher training and workshops available
- Maintaining a low staff to student ratio in our classes
- Providing the core education that allows 97% of our graduates to attend college
- New curriculum initiatives
- Maintaining technical support for the latest technology available to our students (Smartboards and iPads)
- Continue the expansion of our arts programs to provide the outlets our children need for their own creativity
- Ensure students are never excluded from Outdoor Education Field Trips because of expenses
- Maintenance of inviting and safe campus facilities
Why is 100% participation important?
Every year, Summit View School seeks 100% participation from all current parents, faculty, and staff for three important reasons:
- Summit View families represent a broad spectrum of giving capacities. If everyone does their part by contributing to Annual Giving, the volume of smaller gifts added to the larger gifts will enable us to reach our financial goal on behalf of all students.
- 100% participation is a powerful indication that our community believes in the work we do with and for our students.
- External organizations are more likely to award grants to learning communities who demonstrate 100% participation in internal fundraising before seeking outside support. Therefore, 100% participation in Annual Giving actually helps secure additional funding for the school.
- To give now to Summit View, please click here
- To give now to Summit View West, please click here
Is my gift tax deductable?
- Yes. Annual Giving donations are tax-deductable up to 100% of the amount of the gift.
- The Help Group will send a letter acknowledging your gift providing tax-filing information.