About Summit View
Summit View School offers comprehensive elementary, middle, and secondary school programs for students with learning differences. An innovative and integrated college preparatory curriculum, coupled with small class size and high teacher to student ratio, enables students to experience academic success.
- Academic achievement: reading, writing, and mathematical skills
- College preparatory courses such as lab sciences, foreign language, and computer technology
- Critical thinking, reasoning, problem-solving, and test taking strategies
- Organization and study skills
- Receptive and expressive language
- Perceptual and motor skills
- Motivation and goal attainment
- Attention, memory, and concentration
- Creativity and self-expression
Based on each student’s learning profile, an individual instructional plan is designed to maximize his/her learning. This instructional plan incorporates best practices, which are based on current research, and is re-assessed on an ongoing basis.
Learning comes alive through classroom and small group participatory, interactive, hands-on, multi-sensory instruction in a stimulating and motivating environment. At Summit View, students are given the opportunity to achieve their fullest potential, prepare for post-secondary education, and experience success in the workplace.